Email to Print – Automatically print your received faxes
If your all-in-one printer supports the Email to Print feature, you can have your faxes printed automatically on your multi-function printer or scanner. If your printer doesn't support this feature, you will need to manually download the received fax, then proceed to send it to your printer.
Follow these steps to connect your printer to your Fax.Plus account:
- Login to your Fax.Plus account, and go the Profile section on your Dashboard.
- Under the tab for General, click on Edit located in the Notifications box.
- Next to Email, select Modify. Now you have access to your Email Notifications settings.
- Ensure that the Received Fax Notification is set to On (notify and attach fax to message).
- Activate the Multiple Email Recipients option and include your printer's unique email address as one of the recipients.
- Click on Confirm to save the modification. Every new fax received will be automatically forwarded to your printer’s email address and printed out, while encrypted copies will also be stored within your Faxes section on your Dashboard.
Tip: For assistance in configuring the email address and enabling the Email to Print feature on your all-in-one printer device, reach out to the manufacturer's customer support or consult your network administrator.
Scan to Email – Scan & fax your documents from your printer
If your multi-function printer supports the Scan to Email feature, you can easily fax your scanned documents directly from your all-in-one device. If your scanner doesn't support this feature, you will need to manually download the scanned document, then proceed to send it as a fax with Fax.Plus web app or email.
Follow these steps to send a fax from your printer:
- Make sure that the outgoing email address already set up on your all-in-one printer device matches your Fax.Plus username.
- Gently lift the scanner lid, position the document you intend to fax, and then securely close the scanner lid.
- Navigate to the Email option on the printer's control panel.
- Within the To field, input the recipient’s fax number (including the country and area code) followed by @fax.plus. For example: +firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hit Send to initiate your email to transmit your fax.